Universal ‘Dry Fix’ Roof Ridge Kits 3m or 6m in BlackXRoll avaliable in 6m or 3m 210g/m2Roof ridge roll XRoll. Reinforced tape for sealing and ventilating the roof ridge, 2 x aluminium thickness of 0.14mm, technical fabric 210g/m2, sewing and gluing, adhesive butyl strips 15×1 (240) / 30×1 (310) mm
VRoll avaliable in 6m or 3m 100g/m2
Roof ridge roll VRoll. Tape for sealing and ventilating the roof ridge, 2 x aluminium thickness 0.14mm, diffusion technical fibre (PP) 100g/m2, sewing and gluing, butyl adhesive strips 15x1mm
- Mortar-free, ventilated hip or ridge!
- Quick and simple mechanical fixing of almost all clay and concrete ridge and hip tiles.
- With its 20-year guarantee, this kit fixes ridge tile securely while resisting water ingress and allowing the roof to breath.
- Available in two thicknesses for 3m and 6m ridges.
- Our roll provides the equivalent of 5mm continuous airflow and it’s malleable, crimped aluminium skirt with flexible ridge tile Unions are the key components that make this kit so effective – together, they offer long term security with a quality water seal.
Features & Benefits
- Quick and easy to fit – no special tools or skills required
- Fit under any dry conditions
- Fully serviceable – easy to maintain even after many years
- Ventilated ridge – allows roof to breath
- It can be used on Ridge OR Hips – dedicated Hip Tray required
- Effective year after year – resistant to freeze/thaw cycles plus thermal expansion and contraction
- Long-life durable fixings – Stainless Steel and Nylon
- 20 year guarantee – British Standard product you can trust
- Supplied with unions and fixings – enough unions for standard length ridge tiles over length of roll. A ridge with tiles shorter than 400mm may require more unions.
- Our ridge complies with BS 5250 and BS 5534 and is manufactured to DIN 4108/3 standards. The dry fix system is recommended by NHBC.
What you get in the kit:
• Ventilated Ridge Roll
Polypropylene mesh fabric with spine and malleable crimped aluminium skirt, which makes it easy to dress over contoured tiles. Underside of skirt has high butyl adhesive strips for sealing against roof tile. Material Polypropylene and Aluminium Length 3m, 6m Width 300mm Colour fringe and clips Black
Tough and flexible Nylon unions that you can use with almost all ridge tile, including angled and half round profiles of concrete or clay. Adjoining ridge tile sit on either side of a union up-stand and are trapped securely with 3 ‘ratchet’ clips , the central one featuring a screw port to fasten to ridge batten with provided stainless steel screw. Enough unions are supplied for standard length ridge tiles over 6m. Additional unions may be required if ridge tiles are shorter than 400mm. Material Nylon (union), Glass filled nylon (ratchet clips), Stainless Steel (screw fixings) Length 304.8mm Width 50mm Height 20mm Colour Black7 unions are supplied with the 3m kit and13 with the 6m kit. Each Union is supplied with 1 x Large and 2 x Small Ratchet Clips plus Stainless Steel screw. * Measurements taken when union flat. • Ridge Batten Straps
Stainless steel straps,
Designed to be folded over ridge fixing battens and nailed to roof truss rafters through pre-drilled holes. Supplied with approximately 45 x nails. Material Stainless Steel (brackets), Stainless Steel (clout nails) Strap Length 400mm Strap Width 25mm
Quantity 5 x Ridge Batten Brackets are supplied with the 3m kit, 10 with the 6m. A quantity of stainless steel clout nails are also supplied.
Fitting and Usage The kit is supplied with fitting instruction to help you through the process but be assured, fitting is quick and easy compared to mortar fitting and other dry-fix systems. 1. Install roof underlay and battens as normal but finish underlay 30mm short of apex on either side and don’t fit last batten 2. Construct ridge fixing batten and fix to Ridge Batten Bracket before nailing to roof truss 3. Fix top tiling batten with minimum 10mm air gap between it and ridge batten, then lay and fix the tiles as normal 4. Unroll XRoll X over the ridge batten, ensuring coverage over top course of tile and secure with corrosion resistant staples or nails 5. Remove release paper from the butyl adhesive strips and dress neatly onto the dry/clean tiled surface 6. Prepare the Unions by lightly pressing one large fixing clip (in the central slot) and 2 smaller ratchet clips 7. Place end ridge tile and insert the prepared ridge union under and between the ridge tiles. 8. Loosely tighten the 3 ratchet clips down onto the union. 9. Secure to ridge fixing batten with Stainless Steel screw through central fixing clip 10. Pushing the ratchet clips into the union to secure. 11. Continue process along the ridge.